Minggu, 14 Juli 2013

A Week in Malaysia

I arrived at LCCT airport when my watch hit the short hand on 1 and its long hand on 6. yeah, I arrived in Malaysia at 1.30 PM. It was not a long flight, only 2 hours however, we gotta arrived at A.Yani airport in Semarang at 7 AM. Instead, I, Sofi and Raeni had been there at 6 AM while others came after 6.30 AM. There are fifteen of us and three lectures. All of us then waited for some minutes then got into UPSI's (Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris) bus to get us to Seri Harmoni apartment. 
The next thing happened was that we were dropping our bags and luggage and ready to shower. We then relaxed fro a while on our beds. There was one incident where Tami could not open the bedroom. Finally, we gotta found Pak Bambang and finally told him that we have one spoiler. wait, what? spoiler? No,just kidding, I know I am too exaggerating. She is a Malay girl that come to meet her lecturer at UPSI. In the End Fatimah must have moved to the next room with the girls. It was not a big deal.LOL, even though she probably still felt annoyed since she gotta move. However, everything seemed okay. 
The next day we had to attend the meeting and briefing from UPSI. Oh, the library is so cool anyway. We had a full day set to learn the culture of Malays. It was an interesting event. we had photo-shot with all of the UPSI commitee in PPL AB. Before that, we had a "serious" discussion meeting our mentor and supervisor that day. 
The next day, Wednesday, we went to our full two months. Most of us were sent to nearest area but not me, Sofi and Rista. Our school to have the teaching practice is in Felda, Trolak. It is about 2 hours by car to Kuala Lumpur. it takes time but then, well, it is fine. At least yesterday I was able to visit my Mom in KL and have lots of joy wandering KLCC (the twin tower). Today, I am back for observing before I have my real teaching practice. I will follow Mr. Neil from Scotland if I am not mistaken. Ahh, happy Monday everyone

2 komentar:

  1. that's a great story sep! :)
    i'll be waiting for the next one. and i hope it'll be something about teaching Malay students.
    happy monday :)

    BalasHapus
  2. Thank you saki, I'm sure I will write more especially about teaching the students in Malaysia. I mean from my first week of observation, I already have some topics to discuss in my Blog. I will write soon. Oh yeah, i know my writing is quite scattered. It was because I was so sleepy however I did really want to write and share. i will make sure that my writing will get better as I have more convenience time.

    BalasHapus